My New Year’s Resolution for 2009 was to get back into reading. I used to read heaps, but once I had kids, books went out the window. So I set myself the goal of at least 1 book per month. Not knitting books and not cook books and not anything I had ever read before. And I accomplished my goal, with just 24 hours to spare.
My 2009 booklist:
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn
- Grass for His Pillow by Lian Hearn
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks
- Brilliance of the Moon by Lian Hearn
- The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson
- The Island by Victoria Hislop
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep by Philip K. Dick
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Clearly I had no plan. I just read whatever was given to me, lent to me, found on my bookshelf, or found on a library bookshelf.
I so enjoyed this resolution, I plan on renewing it for 2010.